News Flash:
New Version of ShopClass theme 1.4.0 is Released on 13 JUNE 2018, Please upgrade your installation.

Shopclass Does Not Have Database

Use this forum if you need help installing and/or setting up your instance of Shopclass theme. This is not the place for customization requests
Admin2015
Noob

Shopclass Does Not Have Database

Post by Admin2015 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:49 am

I have a working install of OsClass using the default Bender theme. We switched to WizEstate, which worked fine. Then we decided to try Shopclass.

The install appeared to be successful, but on the first display try of the new theme, we got a 'Fatal Exception Error' and no display of new theme. I should have saved the error message because on more refreshes and look sees, they then loaded. There is a problem though - all the listings that were in the two other themes are not appearing. I switched back to Bender and WizEstate. Both have the listings. I decided to delete Shopclass and re-install. I get this message while Bender is the active theme and clicked on the 'delete' button on ShopClass:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare theme_bender_actions_admin() (previously declared in /home/(here I deleted the database directory)/public_html/classified/oc-content/themes/bender/functions.php:494) in /home/(here I deleted the database directory)/public_html/classified/oc-includes/osclass/gui/functions.php on line 553

So it appears I cannot delete ShopClass. And if I activate Shopclass and try deletion, will EVERYTHING including my listing database go away too? Obviously the database is fine. I have not set up Sphinx yet. Any thoughts?

Admin2015
Noob

Re: Shopclass Does Not Have Database

Post by Admin2015 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:32 pm

UPDATE:

I deleted the theme from my host using cpanel. Re-installed ShopClass. No error messages this time. I still do not have listings when I go to the categories, BUT in general terms I do have the listings. When on the Home page and I click on the Featured Listings, I get the first ad. Going back up through the bread crumbs, there are no listings. So it looks like my categories are messed up somehow. Maybe when we did the original setup with Blender with didnt fill in all the blanks? Or ShopClass is a bit different in how it indexes? All the ads are indeed there though.

tuffadmin
Site Admin

Post by tuffadmin » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:42 pm

Please share your site url and PM osclass credentials (Don't post credentials here)
No support for unnecessary PM, use forum for support queries.
Please give us good review if you bought our theme from Osclass Market

Admin2015
Noob

Post by Admin2015 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:56 pm

UPDATE:

Changed setting in Shopclass Theme Settings > Enable MultiStep Category to "Enabled." This seems to have fixed the problem. Interestingly, unchecking this setting leaves ShopClass still able to display all ads. I don't know what the setting actually does in practice but will leave it Enabled.

tuffadmin
Site Admin

Post by tuffadmin » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:49 pm

Admin2015 wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:56 pm
UPDATE:

Changed setting in Shopclass Theme Settings > Enable MultiStep Category to "Enabled." This seems to have fixed the problem. Interestingly, unchecking this setting leaves ShopClass still able to display all ads. I don't know what the setting actually does in practice but will leave it Enabled.
I checked your site here is my response point wise to your PM.
1: Multi-Step category function does not account with category status( Enabled or Not) I have fixed it. Search Page should show ads only if those categories are enabled. It seems osclass search functionality is broken in this tricky situation you have with your site. Because you have ads in categories which are disabled. And search page show no ads while applying category filter.

2: Sphinx is surely an answer to those types of queries but it still need customisation to make it usefull in it's full glory. Because we can't predict the nature and requirement of every individual osclass installation. But many of above issues can be fixed with sphinx enabled.
We also have liberty of sphinx implementation with our theme which we do not have with osclass inbuilt search.

I hope this will satisfy you to some extent.
Please feel free to ask any other question or more explanation.

Admin2015
Noob

Post by Admin2015 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:49 pm

I dont know if you fixed something as said in your post, or if it was just my limited understanding of how the categories were implemented. In any event, I am able to more or less get what I am looking for in the listings and the categories. I will try later to implement sphinx. If I run into problems, what will be your rate to install sphinx for me? Thanks for your help so far.

tuffadmin
Site Admin

Post by tuffadmin » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:33 am

Admin2015 wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:49 pm
I dont know if you fixed something as said in your post, or if it was just my limited understanding of how the categories were implemented. In any event, I am able to more or less get what I am looking for in the listings and the categories. I will try later to implement sphinx. If I run into problems, what will be your rate to install sphinx for me? Thanks for your help so far.
It won't be much but depend on requirement.