News Flash:
New Version of ShopClass theme 1.4.0 is Released on 13 JUNE 2018, Please upgrade your installation.

Some Text Not Translating Widget Boxes, etc

If you are having general problems with ShopClass theme, post your questions here. This is not the place for customization or feature requests
pfrink25
Beginner

Some Text Not Translating Widget Boxes, etc

Post by pfrink25 » Sat May 19, 2018 7:40 am

I've spent over a week trying to find out why some words do not translate with the ShopClass theme. I've edited every .PO and .MO in theme folder and the standard language files I can. I have spent countless hours searching through this forum and OsClass main forums, to no avail. If anyone can help see something that I am missing or any suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated.

My site is ForSaleHilliard.com You will see the options at the bottom to translate into Spanish or Arabic. Some of the words on the main top part of the site do not translate why there are plenty of words around them that do. Also, the widget boxes on the bottom do not translate at all. I do not see any sections in the theme files that allow me to translate them, either. Unfortunately, due to the fact I am running all three languages, I cannot just hard code in the new translations. The translations need to occur when the appropriate language is selected, like the rest of the site does.

Thank you in advance for the help!

- Diesel
ForSaleHilliard.com

tuffadmin
Site Admin

Re: Some Text Not Translating Widget Boxes, etc

Post by tuffadmin » Sun May 20, 2018 10:33 am

Reason is that they are stored in Database. Replace home-widget-box.php content with this one and than hardcode your values in this file. After doing that update your translation file and than translate those strings.

Code: Select all

<div class="text-center shopclass-widget-box hidden-xs">
   <div class="container">
    <div class="col-md-4 col-sm-4">
      <div class="fa <?php echo (tfc_getPref( 'icon_widgetbox_1') ? tfc_getPref( 'icon_widgetbox_1') : 'fa-paw'); ?> fa-3x box-icon"></div>
      <h4><?php echo  __('Awesome Features','shopclass'); ?></h4>
      <p class="hidden-xs"><?php echo  __('We added features out of the box, no plugin needed to use our awesome features.','shopclass'); ?></p>
    </div>
      <div class="fa <?php echo (tfc_getPref( 'icon_widgetbox_2') ? tfc_getPref( 'icon_widgetbox_2') : 'fa-support'); ?> fa-3x box-icon"></div>
      <h4><?php echo __('Support 24x7','shopclass'); ?></h4>
      <p class="hidden-xs"><?php echo  __('We have a dedicated support forum to make your life easier to resolve your issues.','shopclass'); ?></p>
    </div>
      <div class="fa <?php echo (tfc_getPref( 'icon_widgetbox_3') ? tfc_getPref( 'icon_widgetbox_3') : 'fa-tint'); ?> fa-3x box-icon"></div>
      <h4><?php echo  __('Colors at best','shopclass'); ?></h4>
      <p class="hidden-xs"><?php echo __('We have included 8 amazing color scheme, Modifying your site looks is just a click away.','shopclass'); ?></p>
    </div>
  </div>
</div>
<div class="clearfix"></div>
You can do the same with other string which are databased based. In future we make it translatable in admin side without doing this process. Please do share other strings which are not translatable.
No support for unnecessary PM, use forum for support queries.
Please give us good review if you bought our theme from Osclass Market

pfrink25
Beginner

Post by pfrink25 » Tue May 22, 2018 1:10 am

Thank you, @TuffAdmin!

That fixed my widget boxes! I've been struggling with trying to figure that out for weeks! :?

I only have a few areas left that are not translating out of English.

The top of the page, "Welcome to ...", "What Can We Help You ...", and, the search box.
for_sale_hilliard_top_of_page.jpg
The bottom of the page, "We Are Social!!! Please Follow Us!" and the middle of box where I have it say an online "free classified service"
for_sale_hilliard_bottom_of_page.jpg
I know these are things that are edited in the theme, just like the widget boxes are. I've not been able to get them to translate either. I have placed those words and phrases in my .po and .mo files.

Thank you in advance! You are a life saver! :D

Side Note: Disregard the widget boxes not being completely translated. I have to finish the Arabic language for the widget boxes. All the other words are in my files, though. I used the Arabic translation because it is easier to see where and what wasn't translated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

pfrink25
Beginner

Post by pfrink25 » Tue May 22, 2018 2:38 am

If it helps, these are editable fields in the ShopClass Theme Settings Tab. They are editable fields under the "Homepage Settings", "Search Settings", and, "Footer Settings".

Since I am running a multi-lingual site, unfortunately, this prohibits me from just changing the code without using the standard settings of the theme.

Thank you again for all the help! :D

tuffadmin
Site Admin

Post by tuffadmin » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:36 pm

Did you checked new version?
We have done this.
180614-0001.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
No support for unnecessary PM, use forum for support queries.
Please give us good review if you bought our theme from Osclass Market